February 11, 2009

Something Funny Happened at Work Today...
One of the cooks walked in to collect his pay and was sporting a shirt that was reminiscent of a certain pop culture work of art--the Velvet Underground album cover by Andy Warhol. Being a fan of the VU but an even bigger Warhol fanatic, I started laughing like crazy and that of course led to a ten minute explanation as to why I was so tickled by his shirt. Thanks to Google imaging and my toddler-level Japanese, I was able to explain to him that he was sporting a spoof. To the best of my knowledge, this is a tourist shirt from Okinawa of maybe a bar, restaurant or even type of Goya (a bitter melon from Okinawa.)
In any case, it's the first time I've posted anything from my workplace although given the fact that I work with like, forty Japanese--I learn a lot about Japanese culture while on the job.


For those who are totally clueless out there, here's the album: (and jeez, get out once in awhile...)
Get it?




No comments: