March 8, 2007


Spot the Tokyo Tranny!
----------------------------

I can't believe I forgot to post this! That's my friend Tal on the left who was visiting in January. On the right....I'm still not sure. Outside Harajuku station used to be a big scene with rockabilly bikers with pompadours a foot tall and indie bands. Now it's filled with teens and young adults dressed up, (and apparently a few guys in drag...though what sort of costume is beyond me.) The fuzz came and moved everybody out shortly after we took the photo. Not sure why. We were just hangin'...

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Bust magazine recently featured these same people who dress out and hang outside the station. Apparently, they are part of a subculture of Goth Lolitas whom embrace the super feminine dress but shun the perverted "Lolita," aspect.